Friday, April 10, 2009

8 Months

1 year has gone by like a swift.

Actually, two semester of University totals up to 8 months.

I am pretty amazed how time just gone by all of a sudden.

I didn't notice anything until now.

When I look back to my 1st year experience, I've actually learned a lot.

When I entered University, I thought everything is going be a smooth cake, but maybe a little bit of struggle and hardships.

University life is no different from High School life.

Basically, you have a main purpose in those lives, and that is to graduate.

How to graduate?

In High School, you study your bum off to graduate and then get into College or University and study even harder.

Not to mention you get an entrance scholarship if you do really well in High School.

However, through this experience, there is a huge difference.

First, you step into University, and start studying the program you want to Major in.

By the time you experience the 1st semester, you're already lost.

Perhaps you'll be struggling badly in that program.

That happened to me.

I wanted to study Criminology 'cause SFU offers it.

While experience the torture of reading tons of materials from four courses, I am already feeling tons of stress.

Not only do I get stress, but I am pretty poor with understand the materials because my English wasn't that great.

When I write papers, I know that I'll have mistakes, but I got TONS of mistakes.

With the experience from the 1st semester, I knew I couldn't continue on this program.

Before all this, you still need people to be there for you right?

Jordan, Hamid, Johnson, and Tim were the people that I knew even before I stepped into SFU.

As time passes by, I crashed to the C4C booth during Clubs day.

From there, I met Steve Chan, Kitty Ho, Julia Chu and Irina.

During BBQ, I practically met a lot of people like Jilly Jill Jill, Derek, Gary...and lots.

And then I met my Bible study group personally- Allen, Wayne, Nigel, Eric, and Frank.

There were others also, but they disappeared all of the sudden.

During Summit, I met Peter and Sebastian.

Frankly speaking, there are too much to list.

All I know is that I met a lot of wonderful brothers and sisters who are willing to be part of my life - it is such a blessing.

And then Winter Conference.

Getting to know other people a lot deeper.

Knowing all the SFU peeps greatly inspired and influenced me.

As some of you might know, I grew up deeply with the UBC peeps

I feel closer to them than SFU, so please forgive me for escaping my wondering SFUers.

Now, I feel a lot closer to SFU than before.

Most of the time, I tend to relax and hang out with them and try to meet up with different peoples.

I'm a type of person who does not like to stick with just one group.

I like it when we are all in love with each other, just like in Unity of Christ.

Bonding with Christ leads us to bonding with one another.

Anyhow, I still have no idea what is coming up next year.

Maybe I'll survive or maybe I won't, but we should stick to the positive side, right?
I will survive this 1st year and not getting withdraw.
Math? Calculus?...supposively alright for me.

Like I said, exam was stupid.

Mid-terms were fair and all, but I still screw up on them because of definition and accumulation.

Now MACM exam is waiting for me.

I am READY for it right now!

...ready to fail to be exact if I don't study for it XPPPP

Lets get a move on!

 

I wonder what IS up with that person these days...

Oh right! I did talk to that person yesterday.

Hopefully everyone will stay strong and healthy, and continue to build one and another in the Body of Christ.

Be faithful.

Be an encouragement.

Be an inspiration.

Be loving.

They will see it in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment