Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Who are you?

Mr. A randomly walks to a house and knocks on the door.

The door opens and Mr. B stares at Mr. A strangely.

"Hey buddy! May I come in?"

"Who are you? I don't even know you."

Mr. B slams the door and Mr. A can never ever go in.

Bob just met Bill and became close friends.

Bob was so busy that he didn't have time to socialize with Bill.

Bob worked hard, still hung out with his other friends beside Bill, and got a Ph.D in Mathematics...YAY.

Twelve years has passed ever since Bob and Bill had ever socialize.

By the time Bob wants to go visit Bill, he goes and knocks on Bill's house.

Bill's father looks at him strangely, and Bob said he knows Bill.

Bill stares at Bob strangely and said to him, "I never knew you. Away from me you prideful person."

I was watching one of Paul Washer's sermons.

He's a typical person and I like his personality.

His message was based on Matthew 7:15-23.

When I was still a youth, the time when I became a Christian, a friend of mine told me something very contraversial.

"Not all Christians will go to heaven..." and he said other related things that I don't remember.

I was wondering, "Really? Why not? Will I go to heaven?"

"I don't know, maybe."

I never get a chance to observe the Bible and focus on what he said.

I was pretty confident that I'll go to heaven because I received Christ as my personal Savior and Lord.

I practically forgot that part until recently another friend of mine told people about "not a lot of Christians will go to heaven."

I've been reading the Old Testament, and reading the New Testament, but not the Gospel - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

I was burning with passion that I want to seek what God is telling me.

Until I encounter that verse: Matthew 7:15-23.

I was like, "Wow, did I actually overlook while reading?"

After listening to Paul Washer's VERY INTENSE but caring sermon, I was thinking about my brothers and sisters around me.

Most of all, I was thinking about the Chinese congregation at my church...how are they living their lives as a Christian?

May I am just being very judgamental on them.

I know they go to Bible Study, and I know some of them go to a seminar when my last intern Pastor was still here.

Most of them are very passionate about God.

But let's not talk about others, but observe ourselves.

I asked myself a question before I slept yesterday, "Does Jesus know me?"

Before I end this blog, I'll post the link to the video whoever is interested.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hebrew 11:6"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."and James 2:22-24 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[e] and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

    ReplyDelete