Monday, March 30, 2009

Awana

Recently, I am being peer pressured by my fellow brothers and sisters to go to the Year-End Banquet.

However, I have a commitment that I need to do at church: Awana.

Most of them don't know what Awana is.

This blog is to reveal how Awana helped me realize that we should cherish our younger generation by training them to serve the world.

Awana is not a made up name.

Awana actually stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed which was taken out of 2 Timothy 2:15

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman ho does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."

So what does this verse mean?

We're not perfect and most of the time we compelled to not go out sharing.

I want to train the kids to become a witness for Christ(Approved Workman) who are not embarass of representing themselves as Christians (Are Not Ashamed).

The industry we are living in, kids are pretty much messed up.

They can't think properly and the world has blinded them.

Even Christians who step into high school WILL lose themselves.

I've seen it.

Some of my friends walk into high school have already lost it.

Some became Agnostic or Atheist, and some didn't care anymore.

Percentage wise, a big amount starts losing their "faith" when they step into high school.

A larger amount of Christians loses their "faith" when they step into University because they don't know what their purpose is, but are willing to seek.

THAT...is the reason why we have Awana.

Just a clarification, Awana is not the thing that can help the kids, but through the Holy Spirit.

God uses Awana to bring kids together so they could be discipled and learn scripture memories.

A kid from Awana Scholarship Camp named John-Luke...he's an amazing kid.

He probably reads the bible more than I do XD

A girl from my church can memorize tons a verses in one night of Awana.

Awana is not just about memorizing or discipling them, the members can also build team effort through Games Time.

Last year, God lead me Awana Scholarship Camp.

That camp are for Awana members who complete workbooks and memorize scriptures.

So most of the kids below are very bright the word of God.

This camp consist students from grade 5 - grade 12.

There are four young leaders, including me, and other leaders too

The past week, it seems God is focusing me on Awana.

Campers from Awana Scholarship Camp are asking me if I am coming back to camp this year.

I really do miss them and some of them are graduating from high school soon.

God is totally pulling me into Awana ministry.

I want to come to the banquet too and I am thinking of going.

Even though I paid $15, I still may not come.

The banquet is the church gathering service, where we give appreciation to the graduates and fellowship.

It's not about who's important or what's important.

We all got to understand this concept, and this may hurt.

"IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU. IT IS NOT ABOUT US. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE BANQUET. IT NOT ABOUT AWANA. IT IS ABOUT GOD."

I don't know where God is leading me this week.

I am a person who switches back and forth.

May God give me wisdom.

I really do pray that the Holy Spirit may speak and open the eyes to the reader that God is already working in Children's heart.

 


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment