Monday, June 23, 2014

I Was Blind

===========================================
Eye Vision
===========================================
My eye vision is generally good. Most of my friends do not have a good eye vision; therefore, they have to wear glasses. Out of the people in my family, 3 out of 7 members do not need to wear glasses. Whether we need them or not, gratitude should be expressed in the creation of lenses so that we could see. 

I do not have any friends or people that I know of who are blind, but I have seen blind people getting onto buses, and they have first priority to the seat. 
===========================================
Color Vision
===========================================
On the other hand, my color vision is not very great. I have trouble telling colors apart. For those who read this entry, I have to be blunt and honest with myself. I absolutely hate it when people test my color vision because it is very personal to me, and I do not enjoy it. Even though people may have good intentions of wanting to know me and my color vision problem, it makes me feel stupid and uncomfortable for not being able to tell apart a pink from a purple apart. 
===========================================
Intermission
===========================================
What do people with bad color vision and bad eye vision have in common? For one, they know that their eye sight is limited in discerning color or distance. Most important of all, it is good that they are aware of their problem, and it is good that people can go to the doctor to check their eye sight. There is another blindness that I want to speak about. It is a blindness that always proves very deadly to us. 
===========================================
Spiritual Vision
===========================================
All of us have a spiritual vision. When I talk about a spiritual vision, I am not speaking about seeing the spiritual realm or seeing God per se. The spiritual vision that I am speaking about is knowing and placing one's faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ - the Gospel. A person who is spiritually blind cannot see Christ. If he or she cannot see Christ, then that person cannot see God. All of us are born under this grievous condition, but some of us have found healing for it, which I will provide details for later.

Those who are spiritually blind also cannot understand the Word of God (Matthew 13:13-17; 1 Corinthians 2:14; John 14:17).

What caused the blindness? 2 Corinthians 4:4 makes it very clear, "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." Satan is described as the "god of this world". Satan's schemes, tactics, and half-truths cause people to believe in the lies rather than the whole truth.  Satan wants us to love and enjoy what the world has to offer us, rather than what Jesus has to offer us (1 John 2:15-17; John 10:10). Satan leads us to think that we are doing "okay", hiding the fact that we're wretched, foolish and blind.  Therefore, we buy into his lies (John 8:44). 

At the same time, some of us walk in darkness, and are eventually blinded by the moral darkness of hatred (1 John 2:11) because they choose not to love even though they say they walk in the light; thus developing a false sense of believe.

This blindness is different from the two blindness I mentioned. One of the major difference is that we do not know that we are blind, even though spiritually speaking we are. Satan has blinded us from knowing that we are blind. That's extremely deadly. 

Paul also applies this blindness in Romans 11:7-8 with Deuteronomy 29:4 and Isaiah 29:10 to the Jew. That passage speaks about the Jews (some of them) rejecting Christ as the Messiah. John 9:39-41 speaks about this issue as well.

The only solution to overcoming this condition is to overcome it through Jesus Christ. When our faith is in Christ, He gives us the Holy Spirit and opens the eyes of our heart to understand and see Christ (1 John 4:13). The Holy Spirit illuminates the Scripture to us so that we can understand it (1 Corinthians 2:14-16). Therefore, believers are to abide in Christ and take up the armor of God so that the enemy cannot damage us (Ephesians 6; John 15). We can be assured that once we are born-again Christians, God will protect us from the evil one (1 John 5:18-19). If you cannot see God or understand Him and the Bible, then I gladly invite you to humbly pray to Him and ask Him to help you to comprehend your own sins, His love, His grace and His mercy.  

In John 9, not only did Jesus heal the blind man from physical blindness, but the blind man also saw Christ for who He is and worshiped Him. 
"I was blind, now I see." - The Blind Man

No comments:

Post a Comment