Saturday, December 29, 2012

Prayer For 2013

Sitting and meditating as I pray to God, a lot of petitions, requests and needs that I want to lay down before the Lord. As I'm praying, why not share with others about what I'm praying about? This sudden urge would hopefully help you guys to think about what to pray for 2013. You do not have to follow this list, but if there is something in this list that you want to pray to God about or haven't gotten a chance to talk to God about it, then find time and speak to God (Matthew 6:6; 7:7-11). There ain't any top or lowest priority in this list.
  • Urgent need for laborers in the harvest. May God send more laborers (Matthew 8:37-38).
  • Sanctification in my walk with God (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).
  • Grow in repentance of sin through the power of the Spirit (Romans 6:12).
  • Learning to give generously (2 Corinthians 9:6-8).
  • God would sanctify His people at Oakridge Baptist Church (the church I attend) and other churches around the globe (Ephesians 5:25-27)
  • God would sanctify His people through the Word (John 17:17)
  • May Christians not be ashamed  of the Gospel (Romans 1:16-17).
  • Increasing need to be reminded what is the "first importance", which is the Gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-11).
  • May the Spirit lead me as I am finishing University this year (Psalm 119:105; Romans 8:14)
  • May the Lord humble me as I seek for a position after university (Matthew 6:25-34; Ephesians 4:28)
  • Meditating and memorizing Scripture (Psalm 1:1-12; 119:9-11).
  • Love God (Matthew 22:37).
  • Love my neighbor (Matthew 22:39).
  • Grow in humility (Philippians 2:3-5).
  • Grow in knowledge and grace (2 Peter 3:18).
  • Gospel penetrate the hearts of unbelievers and place everything to Jesus (Acts 15:7-9).
  • Give me opportunity to proclaim the gospel (Ephesians 6:18-20).
  • Surrender my life to God (Acts 20:24; Philippians 3:7-11).
  • If my death approaches in 2013, then I want to echo what Paul said (2 Timothy 4:7-8).
  • If I die in 2013, then I hope to hear Jesus say this to me (Matthew 25:23).
This is an exhaustive list, but it could be even more exhaustive. I need God every single moment of my life, today, tomorrow, and 2013, and forevermore. I lay down my request to King Jesus who is sovereign and ruler of every living being in this world. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tommy, here is a link to one of my favourite sermons on prayer (from Urbana). Michael Oh's sermon is on there too. http://vimeo.com/8467883

    ReplyDelete