Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Journey With Me (Day 5)

May 10th, 2011

It is 8:20pm, and I am, surprisingly, not tired/sleepy. Today has been an awesome adventure in terms of doing the regular stuff. God has blessed me and Justin the time we get to spend together. We went to another campus to meet more friends. I am glad that we were able to meet those who spoke good English. Nonetheless, I was grateful to be able to make numerous amount of friends. Additionally, one of our friends invited us to his English class, so we joined in. Personally, I found that to be very interesting compared to my IAT classes. Some of the discussions that me and my groups talked about was, "What does it mean to be a successful student." It's a great seeing different students present their ideas and it furthered our understanding of the culture in the classroom setting. They were very nice people and I'm glad to meet them, and hopefully get to hangout. Furthermore, there were two students that stood out to me. He reads a lot of novels and also like to spend time alone, and he also mentioned about the Bible. Another was very philosophical in seeking the purpose of life.

On the fun note, my family was lost in finding out which bus to take. We didn't know which side was the correct direction, so we crossed the street 4 times to discover our route back to campus. Sadly, we walked back instead, but it was a fun experience with laughers and excitement. Hopefully people didn't think of us as maniacs crossing the street multiple times.

We had dinner right across the campus, and they were delicious. But people spat on the floor and smoking in the restaurant, which was gross. Overall, we had fun being funny with each other. however, it's still the beginning, and I'm looking forward to what will happen.

Justin asked me if I miss Alison. Honestly, I do miss her. Hope that she's alright and doing well with her family and her relationship with God. I guess she missed me more, but we're united in the same body of Christ. I will write a letter to her soon.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha crossing the street multiple times! i miss my businessmen!!!
    and lol at "i guess she missed me more"! pretty confident eh?;P

    ReplyDelete