Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 17 – Your highs and lows of this past year

I can never express myself enough. This topic really hit me and got me thinking. Highs and Lows; Goods and Bads; Pros and Cons. I'll start off with the highlights of my lows for this past year.

LOW


As emo as I can be, sometimes I enjoy mentioning the negative moments in my life. Let's just start off by giving my readers a recap. Remember reading some posts at around June - August? If you haven't done so, then I suggest you to read some so you get the picture of where I am getting at. Why June - August? For those who knew about it, I sincerely thank you for being there for me during my moment of painful trial. Just when I thought things were going according to God's plan, she told me, "God told me to say 'No' about this." Actually, what a silly thing for me to say, of course it was going to God's plan...now that I think about it.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

Once again, rejected by another one who I loved (and I still do, only as a sister in Christ though and nothing beyond) and found interest in spending my life with. It's alright, I suppose. It's not really the first time I got rejected by a girl. However, it was definitely a big disappointment, and a heart-break. At the same time, I didn't feel depress, surprisingly. For me, I wasn't able to give in and accept it...and it was difficult. I was lying on my comfy bed and stared at the dotted white ceiling, pondering within my own world, "What did I do wrong?" Honestly, I still haven't fully figured where I went wrong although I am piecing things together. I am trying to figure out where in the most important areas of sin I need to repent of if I was to be in a relationship. Of course, I'm not perfect, but I am slowly learning and slowly being more like Jesus Christ. In the end, I just had to let her go and move on. All I want to keep in my nut-shell is this, Jesus still loves me and forgives me if I did anything that displeased Him. By God's grace, I am growing to be more of a godly man so I may love a woman.

HIGH


Now that I mentioned my emo side, it is time for me to talk about my HAPPY EMO side. Honestly, God has been very gracious to me. Through the study of the Scripture, I am learning about His promises and His grace. By understanding the depth of the gospel, it compelled me to continue to bring the gospel everywhere I go. Before, I knew that the whole Bible points to Jesus Christ, yet I was kind of passive about it. After going to Sam Pang's Bible Study on the study of James, it really encouraged me to continue to keep the gospel central because it is the power to save. I have been growing a lot this year in my walk with Jesus, and the Word of God is becoming more and more real to me as I put my faith on His authoritative words.

If you are reading this, then please comment so I could know who read this (or you can be an anonymous) :)
For example, you could type, "I read this"...or a lengthy comment.

1 comment:

  1. I read this. God loves you, Jesus knows the pain of rejection. Be courageous, God is with you.

    ReplyDelete