Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 10 – Discuss your first love.

I apologize for not updating my post for the past few days. I was dreaded with school, but now I am finished! Therefore, I could continue my blogging!

Hmm...I do not know what I really need to discuss. It is an open-ended question, so I assume that I could try and discuss my first love.

First of all, what is love? Love is a very misused term in this culture. I think the culture would define love in two ways: Romance and Sex. Also, people can say I love chocolate. People can say I love my spouse (which is awesome). People can say I love this movie just to show high interest. In Christian context, Christians can say they love God.

WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

This is where our culture lies. It is all bunch of words. Let me ask you a question, "If you love _______ so much, then would you die for ______ ?"

Christians, "Would you die for Jesus? Would you carry the cross and follow Him?"

John 14:15 "If you love me (Jesus), you will keep my commandments."

What Jesus said is a very hard statement. If you genuinely love Jesus, then you will obey Him. However, that love cannot be exhibited in our human flesh. We must look at the one who is LOVE. God is love. He doesn't just say it, but He demonstrates it. The Father giving His only Son for the world as a sacrifice for human sins. Jesus laid down His life. Love is a sacrifice. It is hard to love. I was talking to my friend about how difficult it is to love God. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Imagine that...that is difficult...we could just do so much. She admitted and realized that it is hard to love God because she always thought it was easy. However, despite the fact that we are all sinners...despite the fact that we don't often put God as our first priority...despite the fact that it is hard to love God...He is still gracious and loving. How can we love? By looking closely at the cross. Where Jesus shed His blood for your sins and mine. Picture Him...Meditate on the cross...Ponder deeply of how much He loves you...Think of why He died on the cross for your sins...Remember the gospel. We love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). 2 Corinthians 5:14 "For Christ’s LOVE COMPELS us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died."

I hope that this would help us to look back at what love means.

Anyhow, back to the discussion. My first love is mom. She has taken care of me ever I got out of her womb. I am grateful for her. Even though my parents are separated, I am deeply loved by her. Although I fail to love her because I am a rebel at times, she still sacrifice their time to raise me. She made a lot of sacrifices in her life by spending 24/7 working, laboring and getting paid to raise my little bro and I for 2 years. Never rested much. She thought about abandoning us just like my father, but she chose not to. I am still amazed on in how she could endure this much pain and trial just to raise 5 boys in the family. It must be really hard. However, my prayer is that she comes to know Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. She knows ABOUT God, but doesn't have a relationship with Him. Keep her in prayer. God really bless me through her, and I desire her to experience this spiritual blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment