Monday, November 15, 2010

Making Him my own (Philippians 3:12)

As life at school proceeds on, I have encountered a lot of new experiences through God's grace.
Sometimes I pity myself for working and studying so hard at school.
Today, as I was walking home, I began to ponder to myself...
Why am I studying Interactive Arts & Technology?
Why am I pursuing a Bachelor of Arts Degree?
Why am I doing this to myself knowing that I have more passion on Biblical Studies?
I remember asking myself this question.


As I began to reflect back over the this semester, lots of things I had to struggle through.
One of my course, which I do love, I literally taking over my life.
However, I praise God for sustaining so that I won't lose my spiritual life, and continually walking steadfast towards Him.
It has been very busy.
What should I expect?
I even went to Seattle Design Charette where my and my team had only few hours of sleep.
Insanity to the extreme, indeed.
My eyes are turning more red than I could ever imagine.
I am growing more sleep deprive that I could expect.
In addition to my stress, I have writing courses to take care of.
Writing is not my strength, and I do not like writing.
I sense that I will be doing a lot more writing in the future.


Throughout the semester, I began to ponder more to myself in my service to God at OBC.
Am I being a problem or a solution?
I talked to few people about the issues I am having, and I received their encouragement and advice with joy and gladness.
Knowing that Jesus is with me, I can always come to Him with anxiety.
I have been struggling with OBC.
The way God speaks to me through His Word is so powerful that He help me to see the struggle in OBC.
Why is it not growing? Is it dying?
I talked to one man, and he said, "If your church is not growing, then it is dying."
The gospel is the power to save.
John Neufeld preached on 1 Corinthians 14, and reminding us that the main thing is always the gospel.
Without the gospel, then who can be saved?
Without the gospel, then there is no power.
Without the gospel, then there is no forgiveness of sin.
Without the gospel, then there is no atonement.
I am being reminded in 1 Thessalonians 1:5a "because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction."
I have been struggling to pray for my church and leaders.
Rarely do I pray for them aside from praying what is going on in my life.
I need to repent of that and give support to them through prayer.
Asking God, knowing that He sees the request I make Him, He can provide peace and He answers it according to His purpose.


Joy...through perseverance.
This is the verse for today
"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own."

No comments:

Post a Comment