Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Biblical Hermeneutics (One Verse) and Personal Favourite Verses (OT)

Luke 24:27 "And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them all the Scriptures the things concerning himself [Jesus]."

Genesis 50:20 "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it
for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as
they are today."

Exodus 34:10 "And he said, "Behold, I am making a covenant. Before all your people
I will do marvels, such as have not been created in all the earth or in
any nation. And all the people among whom you are shall see the work of
the LORD, for it is an awesome thing that I will do with you."

Leviticus 11:45 "For I am the LORD who brought you up out of the land of
Egypt to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy."

Numbers 18:29 "Out of all the gifts to you, you shall present every
contribution due to the LORD; from each its best part is to be
dedicated."

Deuteronomy 6:5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."

Joshua 1:5b;9 "I will never leave you nor forsake you......Have I not
commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do
not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Judges 2:18 "Whenever the LORD raised up judges for them, the LORD was
with the judge, and he saved them from the hand of their enemies all the
days of the judge. For the LORD was moved to pity by their groaning
because of those who afflicted and oppressed them."

Ruth 2:20 "And Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, "May he be blessed by
the LORD, whose kindness has not forsaken the living or the dead!" Naomi
also said to her, "The man is a close relative of ours, one of our
redeemers."

1 Samuel 2:2 "There is no one holy like the LORD;
       there is no one besides you;
       there is no Rock like our God."

2 Samuel 22:2-4 "He said:
       "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
       my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
       from violent men you save me.
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,       
and I am saved from my enemies.

1 Kings 3:6 "And Solomon said, "You have shown great and steadfast love to your servant David my father, because
he walked before you in faithfulness, in righteousness, and in
uprightness of heart toward you. And you have kept for him this great
and steadfast love and have given him a son to sit on his throne this day."

2 Kings 19:15-16;19 "And Hezekiah prayed before the Lord and said: "O Lord, the God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth. Incline your ear, O Lord, and hear; open your eyes, O Lord, and see; and hear the words of Sennacherib, which he has sent to mock the living God......So now, O Lord our God, save us, please, from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you, O Lord, are God alone."

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever."

2 Chronicles 36:15 "The LORD, the God of their fathers, sent persistently to them by his messengers, because he had compassion on his people and on his dwelling place."

Ezra 9:6;13;15 "O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift my face to you, my God, for our iniquities have risen higher than our heads, and our guilt has mounted up to the heavens......And after all that has come upon us for our evil deeds and for our great guilt, seeing that you, our God, have punished us less than our iniquities deserved and have given us such a remnant as this......O LORD, the God of Israel, you are just, for we are left a remnant that has escaped, as it is today. Behold, we are before you in our guilt, for none can stand before you because of this."

Nehemiah 1:4-11 (The whole prayer section)

Esther 4:13-16 "Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, "Do not think to yourself
that in the king’s palace you will escape any more than all the other
Jews. For if you keep
silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from
another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who
knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
" Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, "Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for
three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you
do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish."

Job 1:21 "And he said, "Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but you?
   And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
  My flesh and my heart may fail,
   but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
   but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

Ecclesiastes 5:2; 11:5 "Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word
before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few......As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything."

Song of Solomon 1:7b "Do not arouse or awake love until it so desires.

Isaiah 55 (The whole chapter)

Jeremiah 32:40 "I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me."

Lamentations 3:40 "Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the LORD!"

Ezekiel 36:25-27 "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you
a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove
the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules."

Daniel 4:35 "all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing,
   and he does according to his will among the host of heaven
   and among the inhabitants of the earth;
and none can stay his hand
   or say to him, "What have you done?"

Hosea 14:9 "Whoever is wise, let him understand these things;
   whoever is discerning, let him know them;
for the ways of the LORD are right,
   and the upright walk in them,
   but transgressors stumble in them."

Joel 2:13;28a "And rend your hearts and not your garments."
Return to the LORD your God,
    for he is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;
    and he relents over disaster......And it shall come to pass afterward,
   that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh..."

Amos 8:11-12 "Behold, the days are coming," declares the Lord GOD,
   "when I will send a famine on the land—
not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water,
   but of hearing the words of the LORD.
They shall wander from sea to sea,
   and from north to east;
they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD,
   but they shall not find it."

Obadiah 1:18 "The house of Jacob shall be a fire,
   and the house of Joseph a flame,
   and the house of Esau stubble;
they shall burn them and consume them,
    and there shall be no survivor for the house of Esau,
         for the LORD has spoken."

Jonah 2:9 "But I with the voice of thanksgiving
   will sacrifice to you;
what I have vowed I will pay.
    Salvation belongs to the LORD!"

Micah 5:3-5a "Therefore he shall give them up until the time
   when she who is in labor has given birth;
then the rest of his brothers shall return
   to the people of Israel.
And he shall stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD,
   in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.
And they shall dwell secure, for now he shall be great
   to the ends of the earth.
And he shall be their peace."

Nahum...nothing yet.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 "Though the fig tree should not blossom,
   nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
   and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
   and there be no herd in the stalls,
  yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
   I will take joy in the God of my salvation."

Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is in your midst,
   a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
   he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing."

Haggai...nothing yet.

Zechariah 14:9 "And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one."

Malachi 1:11 "For from the rising of the sun to its setting my name will be
great among the nations, and in every place incense will be offered to
my name, and a pure offering. For my name will be great among the
nations, says the LORD of hosts."

No comments:

Post a Comment