Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Awana and Youth (Psalm 20:4)

In ministry, it gets difficult.
There will always be a season difficult moments.
I am totally unsure what to do with the people who I am serving.
I need to search deep in my heart again.
As a blogger who openly confesses his struggles, it may sound kind of emotional but please pray for me.
This year will be my last in Awana.
Serving in the Children's Ministry has been a great blessing from God - I love kids.
It will be my 5th year in this ministry.
I sense that God wants me in another place to serve.
For some reason, I know that Awana is not the place where I will stay forever.
There always need to be more leaders serving in that ministry.
Unfortunately, I don't have that same kind of passion I had last year.
I do want to serve God wherever He calls me.
However, He knows what my heart desires.
He knows that I am not finding much joy as I did before.
I believe it is almost time for me to move on to different ministry where God is calling me.
I do need some time to pray and meditate on His words and Scripture.
I do need some time to talk to Him and hear Him out.
This is one of the ministries that I am serving.


OBC Youth is struggling.
PJ will be leaving at the end of June.
Us five: Me, John, Vania, Angel and Jackie.
Deep down to the guts of my heart, I want Masao to come back.
However, I do need to be humble about it and allow God to work in his life.
I totally don't know what to do with the youth.
My desire for the youth for them is to be renewed by the gospel, have an active relationship with Jesus and to serve the world.
In my situation before school starts, I feel like I am doing this battle alone.
Of course, it is not about me.
For leaders, I want to have a sense of unity with them.
However, it is hard.
As a reminder from Mark Driscoll's sermon, I am not much of a leader.
I am under authority.
I feel like sitting on the side and help out when I can.
It is a humbling season.
Although I may not understand what it means to have good leadership, but I know that God continually teaching me.
I am not worthy, but God chose me.
Lord, how can I serve You in the youth ministry?
How will You use me to bring glory to Your name?
How can I honor You?
How can I serve the youth?
Teach me...
Show me...
Serve me...
So that I may serve others.
Psalm 20:4 "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment