Saturday, March 27, 2010

Jehovah's Witness

As I was devouring my congee and Chinese donuts, two elders knocked on my house door.
My mom opened it and they were talking about Jesus in front of her.
She didn't understand anything, so she told me to come up because I was "interested" in these things.
Okay, fine, I was interested in the spiritual conversations.
It seems they "knew" what they were talking about.
Anyhow, I didn't argue back.
I wasn't even ready to give good arguments since I was eating breakfast and focusing on what to do for today.
I especially didn't want to argue with them in front of my mom.
They said a lot of things that misinterpret the Scripture.
Animals have souls?????
Where in the world does it say that?
In their Bible (New World Translation), it talks about it but their Bible is mistranslated.
Not in my Bible.
They said a lot of things that gave me interesting in studying.
First of all, the difference between Soul and Spirit.
Second, Soul Sleep (Sleeping Beauty Entries in the past).
Third, their interpretation of Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit.
Anyhow, time to be ready for their next visit.
Jesus said, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and your will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." ~ Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment