Saturday, October 17, 2009

Examples (1 Corinthians 10)

When I was reading the Bible today, God showed me an amazing thing.
Never had I ever thought about this.
What Paul said in 1 Corinthians 10 is very true to me...and I experienced it.
In verse 6, it says, "Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did."
When I was reading the Old Testament and comparing what has been said in the New Testament, I was astonished.
In the New Testament, Jesus and Paul taught a lot about God's commands for us all, or else we'll face judgment.
A lot of times, we just don't see that happening right now.
We disobey God, we commit idolatry, we commit sexual sins...and many more.
Also, why people are suffering right now in this world, and why this and that happened.
Even though you don't any justice from God, you will be surprised when you read the Old Testament and seeing how God judged the Israelite.
Israelite was God's chosen nation.
However, they did all evil and worshiped other gods, and what happened?
Judgment: God never answered them, and He swallowed them.
They disobey God, and what happened?
Judgment: God set apart from Adam and Eve.
They commit sexual sins, and what happened?
Judgment: David displeased and despised God, therefore, God brought calamity upon him...Read 2 Samuel 12.
God showed me more things through His teachings.
Suffering as a Christian.
God took everything from Job, and Job still praised God.
The world is suffering.
During Jesus's time, there were a lot of people suffering from plagues and illness.
Definitely, you will also be surprised to see a lot people suffering in the Old Testament.
Do not yoke with non-believers.
Solomon married tons of non-believers, and guess what happened?
He worshiped other gods with his wives.
I can clearly see why this world is happening the way it is because it also happened in the Bible.
Sure, the New Testament was written around 2000 years ago.
The Old Testament was written a log before the New Testament...I will do more research on that with my youth leader on the origin of the Bible.
I believe there are non-believers who would serve by this blog and read this.
The Bible is not only the "resource" of guidance, but it is also the TRUTH.
Evidence?
Your heart may be hardened, but I bet Pharaoh's heart was a lot hardened than yours in Exodus, who disbelieved God because he believed he was god.
If you are truly seeking God, then I ask that you will take a careful read through the Bible, and you will be surprised how much God will show you.
Contradictions?
I won't discuss or argue with you about it because I believe that this problem has already been solved...just read it EXTRA carefully.

I talked to Nathaniel today...about lots of things.
Share tons of things that were in my heart.
It was a great sharing with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment