Thursday, July 2, 2009

Retrieving my sword!

After nearly a week, I have finally got my Bible back.
So what happened exactly?
Last Friday, I was eating dinner with my friends.
Remember the post, "Sleeping Beauty"?
Yes, that was just a random name that I draw out of the box.
We were having discussions and I pulled out my Bible.
After that, I lay it down on the empty chair where nobody was sitting.
After I left, Sam called me that I left my Bible at the restaurant.
Why could I see it?
First, I put my backpack on the empty chair.
Afterwards, I lay my Bible down under the huge cloth...so I couldn't see it when I left.
I felt kind of empty without it.
It was such a HUGE impact in my life.
I had other Bibles in my room, but I wasn't used to "wielding" it.
"Put on the full armor of God..."
I wonder if soldiers really knew how to wield their own sword.
Sure, the knight must know how to wield all other swords just fine.
But I really wonder what it really means to put on the FULL ARMOR of God.
Brad Thompson spoke about it in one of the weekly meetings at Waterloo C4C.
It was very interesting and I learned a whole new thing through Roman analogies.
But yeah, perhaps I have gotten a lot weaker when I didn't have my Bible.
Now that I've retrieved it, time to continue my fight against Satan's temptation!

No comments:

Post a Comment