Monday, January 19, 2009

Who am I?


Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth 
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

When I hear that lyric, I feel that I am very unworthy, yet He still loves me. His grace sustains me and holds me together. 
The past few days, I've not been very productive with my school work. I'm not in a mood for work but for some pleasure. 
I know what I need to do, but there are so many things that are holding me back. 
I feel very tired every morning (I should seriously stop complaining and stop being selfish). 
I keep telling myself I'm going to do this and do that...but I can't...
 
When I was coming back home, I encountered an old friend of mine, whom I have nearly forgotten. 
When I saw him, I ignored him...what a hyprocrite I am. Instead, he took initiative and started a conversation with me. 
When I look at myself, I'm the one whos ignoring people, not people ignoring me. 
He and I caught up with our lives and shared what we're doing right now.
He said he's planning on moving to California and live by himself because he feels like a kid living with his family. 
I told him I'm living with my family, does that make me a kid?
It's not reasonable to just move out just because of that. 
I told him the things that you'll be doing when you're living by yourself: taking care of yourself, cooking, washing your clothes, doing house chores, and many stuff. 
He said he was sure about moving out, but honestly speaking, he's not ready. 
He going through a learning disability just like I suffered when I was young. 
He's still thinking about it when I told him, but hopefully he won't regret about it in the future. 
I gave him a lot of suggestions for school, such as going to adult school and improve your grades, then transfer to college, then transfer to university. 
After that, I engaged into a spiritual conversation. 
He said he believes there is a God that exist, however, he does not believe in religion. 
I told him that I'm not a religious person even when I'm a Christian. 
I told him to call me in the future. 
I really hope that God will use me to work with him and lead him to God through the Holy Spirit. 
I've spoken to him about God many times in the past but he doesn't seem to understand the difference between religion and relationship. 
Please pray for me because I feel like crap these days. 
Hopefully, I'll open up the Bible and read it more often and let the words sink into my heart and prepare me for the upcoming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment