Friday, October 28, 2011

One thing I ask......

How is your prayer life? What do you ask God for lately?

Let's meditate Psalm 27:4

One thing have I asked of the LORD,
        that will I seek after:
    that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
        all the days of my life,
    to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
        and to inquire in his temple.

In the context of this verse, the enemy is attempting to overwhelm David, but is David going to fear them?

Two points I briefly want to make:

  • Fear enemy or fear God (v.3: Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear)



  • Relying on flesh or on God as you cultivate your relationship with Him (v.11: Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies)


Highly encourage you to read Psalm 27 yourself. David has God by his side, THEREFORE, whom shall David fear!? What do you fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment