Friday, August 14, 2009

Thetis Island

My youth has gone to Thetis Island this morning.
Quite unfortunate that I am not able to attend because I want to stay home and look after my family.
I don't want to go out too much or else I'll lose my reputation at home.
I attended that retreat when it first started, which was after I graduated from High School.
And then I went again last year as well.
Not only did I enjoy that moment, but I felt refreshed (a little) from the world.
It is one of those times when most of them get refreshed (a little).
That place is beautiful and it is worth going to a retreat there.
I do have pictures from it on my computer and probably on facebook, but I'll just leave it at that.
Perhaps I should considerably pray about working in a ministry at OBC.
Ever since Awana has stopped, for this summer, I haven't been serving God at OBC...
Not sure if washing window counts, but keeping the place maintained and clean would please God.
Serving in a local church is very important because it is part of your home.
Why serve in local church?
Because that is where your MISSIONS start.
I like what Allan Self said, "C4C is not your local church. You must serve at your local church."
By the time I graduate from SFU, I won't be serving at C4C anymore unless I go on to grad school.
I have been praying whether if I should go back to the youth group and serve in that ministry.
I do have passion and desire to teach them about lots of stuff that I went through in which they have yet to experience.
If you are not serving at your local church, then I highly encourage you to find a ministry that you can serve there.

No comments:

Post a Comment